Thursday, September 18, 2008

Reality Check

Today I am just plain tired. There are not enough hours in the day. So many needy children. Just finished walking 3 kids to class since I held them late. Trying to give them opportunities to raise their grade. Why is it I'm more concerned with their average than them? Saw a student in the hallways looking the opposite direction from his teacher. I heard her say "I'm trying to help you, but you've got to open your mouth and speak up. What is the problem?" She was calm. Voice smooth and soothing. Why do some students clam up? She was in the hallway speaking to him away from his peers. I could see her giving it her all. Could see his mind many miles away from here. I teach him as well. He tells me he wants to do better this year. Wants to go to college.

We have to be willing to work for what we want. Last time I checked the government wasn't giving billions away to anybody that didn't own a chunk of Wall Street.

No comments: