Saturday, January 5, 2013

Faithful expectations

This is the title of one of my most favorite sermons that I heard back in 2003.  Yep - a looooong time ago.  That's how you KNOW it was a good one.  The preacher was a guest preacher by the name of Rudolph McKissick. The scripture reference was Mark 10:46-52, the story of blind Bartimaeus.  As Pastor McKissick pointed out in the sermon, the more the people told him to be quiet, the louder he got to try to get the attention of Jesus.  I believe he said "they told him to shut up, he got louder, he got louder, Jesus got still, Jesus got still, because he got louder, and he got louder because they told him to shut up."  Now I can't tell it like he did, but it was good and true. 

I'm getting goosebumps here.  Never let anyone crush your faith, expectations, connection with God, etc.  In fact, they can't.  The oppression and challenges you feel will cause you to scream louder for God's attention. He is moved by our faith.

In 2013 I continue to have faithful expectations in all situations because no one can convince me that anything God has ever done for me  or mine (or even people I've never met) has been coincidences.  What are you hollering for this year?

Faithfully...........

No comments: