Saturday, January 12, 2013

Natural Hair Probz



So, in case you're unfamiliar with my personal life I am the mother of 3 children.  I have 14 year old boy/girl twins and a 5 year old bouncing boy.  My girl twin is affectionately called Mookie and she has officially said goodbye to synthetic braids   and hello to her natural curly/coily hair.  It is a bit of work as we learn what works and doesn't work, but it is fun.  We spend lots and lots of time on youtube.  Well, Mookie spends more time than me.  Who has time for all those videos? She watches a gazillion of them and reels me in only when she has specifically decided on a style.

I am loving that she is secure enough to rock the natural styles and of course it helps that her friends love her hair.  Positive peer pressure - gotta love it!!  But we have a little problem.  We did a high bun yesterday and it was cute. So then we got adventurous and tried a flat twist last night. Well let's just say that after an hour or so workout this morning, we took the twist out down and our "vision" was not quite materialized.  It looked like a wild Samuel Jackson afro when he played Elijah Price a*k*a Mr. Glass in the movie Unbreakable  Luckily, we had a band and some gel in the car to rock a puff.

The saga continues.....

1 comment: